What's your favourite Silver International Minted Coin?

Share Your Vote On Various Topics

"What's your favourite Silver International Minted Coin?"

You may select 1 option

View results

Gold Silver
Administration
Administration
Australia

What's your favourite Silver International Minted Coin?

Postby Gold Silver » 23 June 2016

Gold Silver Council asks:

"What's your favourite Silver International Minted Coin?"

Thanks for providing your vote within this poll.......

Gold Silver Council Poll.jpg

*Not the complete list but commonly known.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Re: What's your favourite Silver International Minted Coin?

Postby Bounty » 26 June 2016

Good polls Admin,

Did you make the coin picture list? I love the classic design canadian silver dollars in general just for their size weight and feel. I keep one on me at all times for good health and luck.

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Postby TonyJ » 06 July 2016

I do like the Silver Eagle coin, but I don't think I'd call it "one of the most beautiful coins ever made." Even compared to a maple leaf or kookaburra, it's not as beautiful.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 17 July 2016

TonyJ wrote:I do like the Silver Eagle coin, but I don't think I'd call it "one of the most beautiful coins ever made." Even compared to a maple leaf or kookaburra, it's not as beautiful.

I own many of these coins. I don't believe pandas are so good, they are very collectible, but you pay such a crazy price over spot. Silver eagles are good for long term, it might be good to get some every year, until the selling time comes. Maples to me are the worst any premium you pay is guaranteed lost even in the secondary market.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 22 July 2016

Personally I think the type of bullion (& if it happens to be coins, which coin is best for you) all depends on what one's "Bullion Exit Strategy" is.
If one forsees having plenty of time to sell one's holdings a few coins at a time when (if) the time to liquidate comes, coins with higher initial premiums such as the limited mintage Perth Mint bullion coins tend to hold their value (to a point) regardless of spot price and previous years issues prices tend to grow eponentially with each passing year but the fact remains, if you either don't have an Exit Strategy or NEED to liquidate some or all of your stack in a hurry, chances are you'll end up doing what I call "Drop It At Spot", this is when one takes one's bullion to any given bullion dealer to sell the lot (or part thereof) at a price based solely on the weight and fineness of the metals (AKA Intrinsic Value). In this case the Bullion Dealer is only likely to pay Spot Price (sometimes 1% to 5% below Spot!!) regardless of which specific coins or ingots you might have or what premium above spot you may have paid when you purchased them. This either severely narrows the margins that can be made because by the time one adds in the (upto & in excess of 15%+) Premium over spot one paid at the time of purchase as well as the -5% paid for your bullion by the dealer, prices would need to have risen in excess of 35% (not at all unheard of) in order for one to make any profit at all!
Having said that, most Coin Stores WILL pay you more for coins such as 1990's-early 2000's Kookaburras, 1990's Panda's, 2007-10 Koalas or Pre-2013 Britiannia's. As a rule, only the (mainly) Pre-2009 Maples that came RCM Sealed in Mylar or so called "Key-Date" ASE's, such as the 1986 (first issue) or the 1993 (lowest mintage).

Long story short: It All Depends Really!
As my grandfather always told me:

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Gold Jodie » 22 July 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:Personally I think the type of bullion (& if it happens to be coins, which coin is best for you) all depends on what one's "Bullion Exit Strategy" is.
If one forsees having plenty of time to sell one's holdings a few coins at a time when (if) the time to liquidate comes, coins with higher initial premiums such as the limited mintage Perth Mint bullion coins tend to hold their value (to a point) regardless of spot price and previous years issues prices tend to grow eponentially with each passing year but the fact remains, if you either don't have an Exit Strategy or NEED to liquidate some or all of your stack in a hurry, chances are you'll end up doing what I call "Drop It At Spot", this is when one takes one's bullion to any given bullion dealer to sell the lot (or part thereof) at a price based solely on the weight and fineness of the metals (AKA Intrinsic Value). In this case the Bullion Dealer is only likely to pay Spot Price (sometimes 1% to 5% below Spot!!) regardless of which specific coins or ingots you might have or what premium above spot you may have paid when you purchased them. This either severely narrows the margins that can be made because by the time one adds in the (upto & in excess of 15%+) Premium over spot one paid at the time of purchase as well as the -5% paid for your bullion by the dealer, prices would need to have risen in excess of 35% (not at all unheard of) in order for one to make any profit at all!
Having said that, most Coin Stores WILL pay you more for coins such as 1990's-early 2000's Kookaburras, 1990's Panda's, 2007-10 Koalas or Pre-2013 Britiannia's. As a rule, only the (mainly) Pre-2009 Maples that came RCM Sealed in Mylar or so called "Key-Date" ASE's, such as the 1986 (first issue) or the 1993 (lowest mintage).

Long story short: It All Depends Really!

Makes perfect sense, I've read a wide range of projections with regard to future prices of silver specifically.
I'm not a fan of Gold at this point. However if I was to gain a healthy return from what I'd spent on silver I'd consider cashing out parts to recover previously out laid capital and reduce my exposure etc. I did see on eBay a 2012 Panda silver 1 oz, sold for $73.00, so happy if you had that monster box, great investment.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 27 July 2016

Yes but then you'd have to sell each, one at a time, on (fe)ebay, in order to make that $73.00 on every one of the 500 x 1ozt coins in the theoretical Monster Box (Panda's don't come in Monster Boxes but that's beside the point). That's a heck of a lot of buyers to deal with, then there's the postage services, insurance etc etc and that's without taking into account the time you'd be required to spend listing, posting, dealing with the buyers etc.
So, you see each type of bullion has its own pro's and con's when it comes to consideration of one's exit strategy.
I might sound a little contradictory here but I'm just trying to make sure people know all the ramifications of each decision.
As my grandfather always told me:

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

SilverSnake
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Postby SilverSnake » 07 November 2016

American Silver Eagles

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 16 February 2017

Perth Mint: I like the security features that they have in place & I especially like the fact that they ensure that a troy ounce of silver will actually weigh one troy ounce & the customer won't get short changed! Integrity. Although I've yet to make a purchase, Quality Silver Bullion seems a very appropriate when making your next investment within AUS and NZ.

Return to “Opinion Polls”