Gold Silver
Administration
Administration
Australia

Where do you buy your Precious Metals?

Postby Gold Silver » 28 June 2016

Gold Silver Council asks:

"Where do you buy your Precious Metals?"

Thanks for providing your vote within this poll.......

img06.jpg

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Re: Where do you buy your Precious Metals?

Postby Tom Silver » 01 July 2016

My local dealer has some specials on at the moment, I wonder if I should buy now just for security. We all should know that the US dollar can't last forever it's mathematically impossible not to start inflation using anything made of paper or cheap metals, might be the buy signal at the moment after Brexit.

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 03 July 2016

I also like the RCM Silver bars the best. It's not the prettiest bar but it's very space-efficient, has serial numbers for security.

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Postby TonyJ » 06 July 2016

Tom Silver wrote:I also like the RCM Silver bars the best. It's not the prettiest bar but it's very space-efficient, has serial numbers for security.

I like "junk silver" rolls of Roosevelt dimes in particular.

Thornside
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Thornside » 07 December 2016

I love JM Bullion. I have order many times and had my order in my mailbox in 2 to 4 days. Packaging is discrete. My order is shipped securely. Chatting on line is quick and friendly. They actually went out of their way to direct me to a website where I could learn more about the mintages on Somali Elephants.

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 12 February 2017

Modern Coin Mart has been earning my hard earned dollars/Fiat lately. APMEX is good for numis, Gainesville and Provident are great backups if you can't find a deal on ebay or the vendors ebay sites.

Max Metals
Rank 3
Rank 3
Mexico

Postby Max Metals » 02 April 2017

Tom Silver wrote:My local dealer has some specials on at the moment, I wonder if I should buy now just for security. We all should know that the US dollar can't last forever it's mathematically impossible not to start inflation using anything made of paper or cheap metals, might be the buy signal at the moment after Brexit.

I've definitely flipped stuff and made a very nice profit, but it usually happens fairly quickly after the purchase. Other things I buy, then hold onto to realize a future profit like Lunars, Libertads, and Kooks which do well over time, but not over night. Those are where my collections reside. Other items, I simply stack and hold onto as a safe haven or my own bank. Like you said, I shy away from simply pretty coins without a market or high demand. Those can become expensive paper weights. I do keep an open mind and occasionally buy things out of my categories, but with built in equity so I can sell them anytime and make a profit after fees are taken out. Know your categories, know the markets to sell to, and buy smart! After all, didn't we get into this to either grow our wealth or at least protect it?

Return to “Opinion Polls”