Gold Coins - Storage thoughts?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
Freddy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Gold Coins - Storage thoughts?

Postby Freddy » 10 January 2017

I have to say I am very disappointed with the airtites I just bought a rare gold coin that is worth right around twice spot. I bought the 21mm airtites with the foam rings after doing some research because I did not want the coin to move around. (It is a little less than than a tenth of a mm off the standard size). I put the coin in and it moves around both laterally and up and down. I am very disappointed. Any suggestions?

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Re: Gold Coins - Storage thoughts?

Postby MetalsZone » 16 January 2017

To everyone: None of the gold would EVER be moved, that'd be pointless, it'd just change names on paper. It's all definitely still there. You could certainly argue the conspiracy that the US doesn't actually own any of the gold that they hold in that vault though, and that they're just holding it there.

If all the gold in American vaults hasn't been dumped on the market to support the dollar, then why wasn't there enough gold to give the Germans their gold back. They even refused to let the Germans inside to inspect their gold. 

SilverSnake
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Postby SilverSnake » 21 February 2017

depending on whether you want to store and protect or just store, if its just store the options are endless as you can store under the bed in cupboard in chairs in attic etc , if you want to protect your bullion also to prevent milk spotting or tarnishing, your will need an airtight container of your choice, coupled with anti tarnish pads and silica gel packs in the airtight container you have chosen, be it vacuum shrink warped, tubs, boxes, or barrels, someone mentioned to avoid products made of pvc.

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Postby TonyJ » 28 March 2017

They are a good solution but i have moved onto empty monster boxes now as my stack grows. The problem is the corners are rounded and i find the monster boxes pretty good and most perth mint proofs fit perfectly in it standing up.

Return to “Gold Coins”