Is it worth buying fractional gold coins?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Is it worth buying fractional gold coins?

Postby Thornside » 15 February 2017

Having been a silver buyer for awhile now I am ready to start getting into some gold for diversification. Is it worth buying fractional gold coins?

Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Re: Is it worth buying fractional gold coins?

Postby Gold Bird » 18 February 2017

Right now i can only afford fractional gold and generally use profit from flipping to buy it at a good price of course. hopefully in the future i will be able to buy a lot more gold to flip also rather than mainly silver.

I prefer gold eagles myself, but I am starting to open up to philharmonics and of course the lunar series. A "problem" I've noticed with fractional world gold bullion such as philharmonics and maple leafs is that you don't get the premium you paid for them back if you need liquidity, and had to sell at a coin shop. You do get your 1-3% back when you sell gold eagles to LCS. Just another little tidbit to note

Freddy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Re: Is it worth buying fractional gold coins?

Postby Freddy » 22 March 2017

I must admit I have always been into Silver (got just under 400 ounces).I never looked at Gold due to the price. I figured I could get way more Silver for my money. HOWEVER - Since Xmas I have had a real hankering for some gold, don't know why I just have!. So I have taken the plunge and have bought a 1/10oz Gold 2016 Kanagroo and a 2016 Gold Sovereign. The coins are small (especially the 1/10) but I love them. I'm saving for more gold in the future.

Return to “Gold Coins”