Which Gold Coins Make The Best Investments?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
Freddy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Which Gold Coins Make The Best Investments?

Postby Freddy » 04 March 2017

I started off with 1/10oz coins and what I did was look at previous years coin prices for the same coin and found that Pandas and Libertads have the best resale value so to say. So in terms of speculating what might sell the best I arrived at these two coins at this particular weight.

With decent light you can see a variety of tones in coins which are supposed to have the same colour. Back in the day the alloys the used to produce gold coins werent as perfect as nowadays so they had very little parts of nickel in it, which can significantly lighten the tone of a 22 carat coin.

FrozenIce
Rank 2
Rank 2
United States of America

Re: Which Gold Coins Make The Best Investments?

Postby FrozenIce » 08 March 2017

i would keep out Kruger, too much copper and less than 92% gold - too coppery looking... and besides aren't we sick of boring white men and queen liz? canada has been using this CRAPPY version of liz, Perth has been kicking their butt with the queen... so the maple leaf is MUCH better looking than liz... my favorite is a roo... but it depends on what year... of course this is all subjective, as art and aesthetics are... yet detail is quantifiable... not sure i would call the dragon bullion... some of these bullion coins are a good bit higher by premium than the rest... i'd guess the dragon is the most expensive in this group... yeah, just looked it up, its around $500 over spot, this shouldn't even be on the list... NOT bullion but rather numismatic, what i call limited mintage numismatic bullion... as soon as u get even a few hundred over spot it CAN'T be considered a bullion coin, thats what i would say...none of the rest have this kind of premium over spot, not by a long shot...

Return to “Gold Coins”