Do you like to Buy Gold bar or Gold coin ?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
Gold Goblin
Rank 1
Rank 1
United States of America

Do you like to Buy Gold bar or Gold coin ?

Postby Gold Goblin » 02 April 2017

Is this fair too say?

Coin is better in a healthy financial system as the intrinsic value to collectors may increase along with the value of the gold.

Coin is much worse in a poor financial system as you "most likely" paid for that intrinsic value already and now it's only worth it's weight in gold.

However if you buy the coin at its low point and just pay the gold value price then coin is still better, as one day times will be good again.

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Re: Do you like to Buy Gold bar or Gold coin ?

Postby Allenby » 07 April 2017

if you're holding onto it for investment and keep sakes purposes then yes. Most people just stash them away. I like to wear my gold though lol. Most dealers and buyers can look at a bar right away and know it's real.

FrozenIce
Rank 2
Rank 2
United States of America

Re: Do you like to Buy Gold bar or Gold coin ?

Postby FrozenIce » 22 April 2017

Allenby wrote:if you're holding onto it for investment and keep sakes purposes then yes. Most people just stash them away. I like to wear my gold though lol. Most dealers and buyers can look at a bar right away and know it's real.

For me it makes no sense to buy bars. Chose the right coins and your investment will go up even when the price of silver goes down. i see people desperately trying to buy as near to spot as possible. They are not thinking clearly. You buy as an investment, so buy semi-numismatic coins which will appreciate whatever. The added bonus is you have beautiful coins to look at instead of an ugly lump

Return to “Gold Coins”