Gold coin proof, it's face value vs weight & purity?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
SilverWarrior
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Re: Gold coin proof, it's face value vs weight & purity?

Postby SilverWarrior » 24 July 2016

TonyJ wrote:
SilverWarrior wrote:
Bounty wrote:
Your thoughts on PR70 vs MS70? value wise longterm.

I don't think it matters too much, as long as the company that did the grading is respectable.

Do you like PCGS or NGC for grading? Face value vs weight & purity makes no difference to me personally. With this being said the proof coins are stunning!! When it comes to pure aesthetics in my opinion the proofs always look better than the BU coins, no matter if it's an Eagle, Libertad, Buffalo, etc.

Proofs don't only look better, they also build value better. I really like my proof Maple Leaf Panda Privy. When it comes down to grading, I'm alright with PCGS or NGC. However, if I wanna pay less for the same coin, I'll go with NGC.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Bounty » 25 July 2016

PCGS is better in my view. The privy marking, what is the reason behind it?

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 25 July 2016

Bounty wrote:PCGS is better in my view. The privy marking, what is the reason behind it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haTkwuFOB6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apn-kYEl-Xw

Great Educating Tool. As with everything Knowledge is power. PCGS is an innovator within this industry. Hope this video helps.

Bullion Bud
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Postby Bullion Bud » 23 September 2016

SilverWarrior wrote:
Bounty wrote:
SilverWarrior wrote:
Thanks, and yeah, you'd be much better off buying older pieces or at the very least, ones graded ms70.

Your thoughts on PR70 vs MS70? value wise longterm.

I don't think it matters too much, as long as the company that did the grading is respectable.

It could go up drastically, if people demanded the actual gold instead of the paper representation of the gold they purchase. Gold sellers are selling more gold than really exists. I suggest you get a hold of the real thing before everybody asks.

Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Thornside » 05 October 2016

Thornside wrote:
Bounty wrote:Cheers, just watched your video here, good info bud. I do think Bullion should not be allowed to be graded!!!! This has caused problems from day one.

The reality of the situation is less then 1% of the population has a clue whats going on . It disheartens me that so many good hard working people will lose there life's savings if this plays out. Pure gold 9999 is always better then any silly face value. Gold is the only way to protect yourself from the wealth transfer.

It sounds like to me that in the death throws the currency and stocks will run the whole gambit of symptoms with gold and silver making a giant run near the end. When we are hungry enough the elite will offer us the DEAL, the deal will be no cash money. A world currency on computer.We know they will be responsible with that higher level of control.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 12 November 2016

Living on a budget....cannot afford gold but got a lot of silver

Return to “Gold Coins”