Right moment, Is it time to sell my gold coins?

Numismatics, Rare, Collectables, Reviews & General Chat
TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Right moment, Is it time to sell my gold coins?

Postby TonyJ » 22 August 2016

As things are right now, politically, the global community does not like the United States for their imperialism. I believe gold is either headed down or be steady for the next two years at least. Should I sell my coins now and invest in mining stocks funds?

Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Re: Right moment, Is it time to sell my gold coins?

Postby Gold Jodie » 25 August 2016

TonyJ wrote:As things are right now, politically, the global community does not like the United States for their imperialism. I believe gold is either headed down or be steady for the next two years at least. Should I sell my coins now and invest in mining stocks funds?

If the economy tanks gold and silver are going to be priced according to what people on the street are willing to give or sell there metals for. A loaf of bread may go for a silver maple. The point is are you going to be holding dollars or real money. If I buy at 16 an ounce today it may be 12 next month but at least I have real money compaired to artificially inflated dollars globally. Even still people should have known metals were high a few years ago. Avoid selling at the moment but do hold mining stocks and your coins in my opinion.

SilverSnake
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby SilverSnake » 01 September 2016

Don't go to a pawn shop. there nothing but a rip off, stay away from the sunshine mint 1 oz silver rounds there finding more lead and other metals in them than silver but that is to be expected from the most generic silver on the planet. Go to JM Bullion, Silvertowne, Gainsville coins and even ebay you can find some great deals at times. Your best bet is pay a little higher premium with the SILVER EAGLES

Thornside
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Thornside » 05 September 2016

I still dont see the point of selling at the next "peak". I mean you'd be selling your silver or gold for what? dollars? euros? none of those will be worth anything if things really are going to get that bad. so sell them for whatever is the next currency? which for all anybody knows is going to be gold and silver in the first place. With physical silver/gold you cant just buy stocks or a home, unless its accepted like a trade agreement. I wouldn't sell, just hold for now.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 21 October 2016

I'm just getting into collecting myself and plan on visiting a few shops in my neck of the woods this weekend just to see what kind of vibe I get.

Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Gold Jodie » 04 November 2016

silver is an interesting market. I sold all my silver, because of manipulation and really uncertainty. I would be very careful in the silver market. I would rather have some money in natural gas as it is a cheap commodity right now and at least there is great demand for it from developing countries. And everybody knows about the energy. I wouldn't buy silver now even at these levels, why invest in something that nobody knows about or even as a precious metal, wants it!

SilverSnake
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby SilverSnake » 07 November 2016

Thanks for the advice. I'm just getting into collecting myself and plan on visiting a few shops in my neck of the woods this weekend just to see what kind of vibe I get.

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby Allenby » 01 December 2016

Just take your gold direct to your countries jewelry district and find the biggest jewellery trade supply company which is always the center of the gold trade. Its what the middle men gold traders do.

Return to “Gold Coins”