What are the Best Metal Detectors for Finding Relics?

Detectors, Prospecting, Member Finds & General Chat
MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

What are the Best Metal Detectors for Finding Relics?

Postby MetalsZone » 16 February 2017

There are lots of great public and private relic hunting sites that are open to treasure hunting. Always remember to be sure to check the current local and national laws as they relate to the area that you are considering hunting. When hunting on private property, you must obtain permission from the land owner. Take the time to do your research as your rewards can be great. So, What are the Best Metal Detectors for Finding Relics?

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Re: What are the Best Metal Detectors for Finding Relics?

Postby TonyJ » 05 April 2017

MetalsZone wrote:There are lots of great public and private relic hunting sites that are open to treasure hunting. Always remember to be sure to check the current local and national laws as they relate to the area that you are considering hunting. When hunting on private property, you must obtain permission from the land owner. Take the time to do your research as your rewards can be great. So, What are the Best Metal Detectors for Finding Relics?

Hello,

I see metal detecting a bit like my golfing days many years ago. I bought a learner set as you do Mizuno the brand name, bought in the pub for 20 quid bag balls teas the job lot just had to buy a trolley. Played on one course in Thorne a lot loved the course, And first time i went round i was in the 150 plus shots, but after a year i hit my best ever score of 90, i had got use to the set then decided to give my learner set away and bought another set brand new and i might as well of not bothered, It is all about learning the machine that is half the battle to finding good finds and knowing when it is going to be some iron. I have a cheapo machine from Maplin and yes i dare say if i didn't enjoy the hobby and finding very little with it, i would of given up. But i did find stuff and will be upgrading eventually as i know the one i have will only go six inches deep to find a 2p, And i want one that will perform good on beach and land and go that bit deeper, will keep my Maplin one as i think it is ok just for a swing about but never been on a beach yet with it so we will see, All the best Andy and good luck in the new year.

Return to “Metal Detecting”