James 1st silver shilling

Detectors, Prospecting, Member Finds & General Chat
User avatar
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 153
Joined: 25 July 2016
Country: England
Contact:
Great Britain

James 1st silver shilling

Postby CliffB » 31 August 2016

Found today, my first James 1st shilling
mm, grapes =1607
Weight 6.1g silver
Diameter 32mm
Hammered coin :)
Attachments
_20160830_180242.JPG
_20160830_171755.JPG

User avatar
MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 55
Joined: 19 June 2016
Country: New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby MetalsZone » 04 September 2016

CliffB wrote:Found today, my first James 1st shilling
mm, grapes =1607
Weight 6.1g silver
Diameter 32mm
Hammered coin :)


Looks like yours CliffB

Queen Anne Milled & James 1st hammered coins metal detecting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf7QKPGP3t8

User avatar
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 153
Joined: 25 July 2016
Country: England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby CliffB » 04 September 2016

MetalsZone wrote:
CliffB wrote:Found today, my first James 1st shilling
mm, grapes =1607
Weight 6.1g silver
Diameter 32mm
Hammered coin :)


Looks like yours CliffB

Queen Anne Milled & James 1st hammered coins metal detecting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf7QKPGP3t8

Hi MetalZone,
Some great finds on that rally, his James 1st is in great condition, bet he was even more chuffed than me when I found mine mate

User avatar
Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 38
Joined: 03 August 2016
Country: United States
United States of America

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby Allenby » 06 September 2016

Those guys in the video look happy alright. Cliff, Can you tell us your gear? What your set up is?

User avatar
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 153
Joined: 25 July 2016
Country: England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby CliffB » 07 September 2016

Hi Allenby
, i use the Fisher F75 se black edition old model, the Fisher group have brought a newer model out now
MY set up is
75-90 sensitivity
0-6 discrimination
no notch
1F
JE = Jewelry mode
I also use a garrett pinpointer

User avatar
Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 85
Joined: 21 June 2016
Country: USA
United States of America

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby Bounty » 14 November 2016

Wonderful item. i have old indian 10 rupee note signed by manmohan singh

User avatar
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 153
Joined: 25 July 2016
Country: England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby CliffB » 15 November 2016

Nice one Bounty

User avatar
MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 55
Joined: 19 June 2016
Country: New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby MetalsZone » 21 February 2017

Got a metal detector for Christmas... I lost a diamond and gold earring last October so I suppose it's time to unbox this thing and hope its can be found, I know it's within a 25 ft radius at my local park.

User avatar
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 153
Joined: 25 July 2016
Country: England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: James 1st silver shilling

Postby CliffB » 24 February 2017

MetalsZone wrote:Got a metal detector for Christmas... I lost a diamond and gold earring last October so I suppose it's time to unbox this thing and hope its can be found, I know it's within a 25 ft radius at my local park.


Nice one MetalsZone, hope you find it mate


Return to “Metal Detecting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

GOLD & SILVER PRICES


[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com] [Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]

Share & Follow Gold Silver Council


Follow Gold Silver Council