Mexican Silver & Gold coins wanted

Members Can Buy, Sell & Swap Bullion & Numismatics
GoldExchange
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Mexican Silver & Gold coins wanted

Postby GoldExchange » 12 December 2016

I am looking to buy silver and gold coins from mexico. Please send me a PM with what you have. Please include pictures if possible. The main pieces I am looking for are the 2010200 Pesos Gold Bicentenary Commemorative
Buy Gold, Silver & Numismatics
http://www.goldexchange.com

Bullion Bud
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Re: Mexican Silver & Gold coins wanted

Postby Bullion Bud » 15 December 2016

checked out your site, very nice and will order shortly. I love the Mexican coins and see value like the silver eagles.

Bullion Bud
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Postby Bullion Bud » 05 February 2017

GoldExchange wrote:I am looking to buy silver and gold coins from mexico. Please send me a PM with what you have. Please include pictures if possible. The main pieces I am looking for are the 2010200 Pesos Gold Bicentenary Commemorative

But be careful! Because the Morelos' UN PESO (the one on your right) the amount of silver depends on the minting year. 1947 and 48 ones (which actually have a Morelos with big cheeks) are indeed 50% Silver. 1950 Morelos looks to the left in these ones have 30%. And 1957 to 67 (like the one you have) have only 10% Silver.Most XX century mexican premium silver coins have 0.720. But there are few with 0.900 and luccily for investors/collectors they have it printed on them.

Lunar Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3
Italy

Postby Lunar Dragon » 21 February 2017

GoldExchange wrote:I am looking to buy silver and gold coins from mexico. Please send me a PM with what you have. Please include pictures if possible. The main pieces I am looking for are the 2010200 Pesos Gold Bicentenary Commemorative

Your website has been down for days, trying to make a purchase. HELP!!!!! :oops:

I like all the Mexican styles. I love the Libertad's and only need to buy the 2014 2 oz lib to complete my 2014 Libertad set. I have some other cheap 5 peso coins I got off Ebay awhile back. I wanted to get one of the 1968 but people wanted to much on the auction at the time. I think soon I am going to start buying all the Libertad's starting from the first one on up. I really like the 79 and 80 balance and scales too.

Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Postby Gold Bird » 23 March 2017

Plated copper acts rather CLOSE to silver. This is because the test works by....the moving magnet induces an electric current in the metal, which in turn creates a magnetic field in the coin under test, which reacts with the other magnetic field from the sliding neodymium rare earth super magnet, to magnetically significantly slow the motion of the sliding magnet a good bit. Copper is ALMOST as good of an electrical conductor as silver, and so creates ALMOST as strong of an induced electrical current (and hence ALMOST as strong of a magnetic field) as the real silver will. Trial and much experience, with known real silver and known fakes, will help you, by reason of having your senses exercised, to discern real from fakes. obviously steel, zinc, and pot metal fakes will show obvious differences from a real silver coin, but copper fakes are harder to detect with this test, Trial and experience. You can get good enough practicing that you can have a good sense of a silver coin being real, enough so that carrying a tiny neodymium rare earth super magnet is worth it. Practice on old real solid copper pennies (pretty 1982) against old silver dimes (pretty 1965), to get used to the slight differences between silver and copper. Just keep that magnet away from your magnetic strips on your credit cards, or else they can be erased. Oops.

Return to “Buy, Sell & Swap”