Gold Stocks buying question - Investment?

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Gold Stocks buying question - Investment?

Postby TonyJ » 22 June 2016

Has anyone invested in gold mining stocks that sees a return on their investments? I'm new to purchasing mining stocks and I want to see a return whether its a risky investment or safe, I'm 29 years old so i can afford it to be risky within these stocks, however everyone is talking about gold & silver later with this Brexit situation soon. Is gold something I should invest in within mining stocks to see a profit or just to back up my physical holdings.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Re: Gold Stocks buying question - Investment?

Postby MetalsZone » 22 June 2016

TonyJ wrote:Has anyone invested in gold mining stocks that sees a return on their investments? I'm new to purchasing mining stocks and I want to see a return whether its a risky investment or safe, I'm 29 years old so i can afford it to be risky within these stocks, however everyone is talking about gold & silver later with this Brexit situation soon. Is gold something I should invest in within mining stocks to see a profit or just to back up my physical holdings.

Just follow the money. Would telling the public to buy gold so he can get a higher selling price qualify as good for Soros? I think so. But good returns in this sector for the last 6 months.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Bounty » 22 June 2016

TonyJ wrote:Has anyone invested in gold mining stocks that sees a return on their investments? I'm new to purchasing mining stocks and I want to see a return whether its a risky investment or safe, I'm 29 years old so i can afford it to be risky within these stocks, however everyone is talking about gold & silver later with this Brexit situation soon. Is gold something I should invest in within mining stocks to see a profit or just to back up my physical holdings.

Hello, firstly all investments big or small do carry some degree of risk that's for sure. The general rule of thumb is “the higher the risk, the higher the potential return is possible,” but you need to consider an addition to the rule so that it states the relationship more clearly: “the higher the risk, the higher the potential return, and the less likely it will achieve the higher return, so be very careful with risk fullstop.” To understand this relationship completely, you must know where your comfort level (or seek professional advice) is and be able to correctly gauge the relative risk of a particular stock or other investment and what you consider risk vs reward. Gold mining Stocks have performed well this year and possibly the new cycle up has started.

Golden Bull
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Postby Golden Bull » 30 June 2016

Physical Gold/Silver is a good Investment. Gold is a hedge against financial collapse and paper gold is just a piece of paper, so avoid if possible. An alternative is to buy Gold Mining stocks, if the price of gold rises, so will the stock and you still exposure to company producing physical metals. Then again if it falls it does likewise. But you don't have to worry that someone might break in and steal the gold from your home.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 07 July 2016

Golden Bull wrote:Physical Gold/Silver is a good Investment. Gold is a hedge against financial collapse and paper gold is just a piece of paper, so avoid if possible. An alternative is to buy Gold Mining stocks, if the price of gold rises, so will the stock and you still exposure to company producing physical metals. Then again if it falls it does likewise. But you don't have to worry that someone might break in and steal the gold from your home.

We definitely need a crash and it looks likely in the EU, Banks are border line there. Home prices here on the west coast are approaching prices not seen since the housing bubble. People are flipping houses again. It's crazy. Precious metals will do well, but not U.S.-dollar-denominated bonds. All being done by design, as they flood the West with 3rd world folks and deliberately crash the global economy. Gold is money, nothing changed for many many many years.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Bounty » 09 July 2016

Stay strong and be right and hold tight in a Gold bull market within stocks. People no longer have faith in the the stock market after the .com tech pump and dump. Multiple companies had to go back and "revise their profit and loss statements" after their Directors committed fraud and rigged the books to show fake profits and make the stock price rise fast. Many companies like Twitter earn nothing and valued at insane figures and are way overvalued like then. If there is a great crash you know the government will take whatever they can in the name of protecting the country, done it before with gold.

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 20 July 2016

Bounty wrote:Stay strong and be right and hold tight in a Gold bull market within stocks. People no longer have faith in the the stock market after the .com tech pump and dump. Multiple companies had to go back and "revise their profit and loss statements" after their Directors committed fraud and rigged the books to show fake profits and make the stock price rise fast. Many companies like Twitter earn nothing and valued at insane figures and are way overvalued like then. If there is a great crash you know the government will take whatever they can in the name of protecting the country, done it before with gold.

Just cycles "Bounty". I think gold price is beholden to USD strength and if the US is raising rates, this will support USD strength. Not that I don't agree but the average person does not understand the significance of Gold or Silver. At the moment it's a faith system, how long before one losers faith?

Freddy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Postby Freddy » 05 November 2016

I no longer trust the stock market after the .com bubble burst. Multiple companies had to go back and "re-state their earnings" after their CEO's committed fraud and cooked the books to show fake profits and make the stock price go up. When the economy tanked the fraud came out and the stocks crashed. The CEO's sold their stocks just before the fraud came out and crashed the stock price.

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby Allenby » 01 December 2016

Gold is not seen as currency by the general public and so when we get bear markets like this most recent one, people start questioning gold's status/role to the point where it gets labeled a "pet rock." Inevitably, this makes the miners that extract said rock geological enthusiasts and their shares suffer accordingly. However, once financial calamity strikes, the public is quickly reminded of gold's global status as true money and their view of those mining companies changes drastically.

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 21 January 2017

gold is down on Trump getting elected, and not returned yet. I'm surprised. He is unpredictable, and now Republicans (which Trump is kind of aligned with) control all government houses. Surely the risk of what Trump and the Republicans will push gold higher??

Return to “Gold Council”