Is this the right time to buy gold?

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Is this the right time to buy gold?

Postby Gold Jodie » 06 July 2016

Is it time to back up the truck and buy gold and silver? Looking real good at the moment.

Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Re: Is this the right time to buy gold?

Postby Thornside » 07 July 2016

Gold Jodie wrote:Is it time to back up the truck and buy gold and silver? Looking real good at the moment.

Think about it the governments worldwide are essentially creating money at EPIC levels, all those hours you slave away to earn your currency, is being created out of thin air devaluing it. I feel its good to have a dollar hedge down the road if it becomes devalued significantly...PMS should rise as a result. Now I know that the dollar and gold have risen together at times but as of recent times they are rising and falling in opposition.

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 09 July 2016

Turning point this year for gold. Gold may go down to under 1300 in short term but as long as you are holding the physical gold, you are fine. Highly unlikely with all these shootings and near bank failures. All of these big players; the central banks, Warren Buffett, Soros, the IMF.... whoever has an international footprint.... they always talk DOWN what they want to buy while they talk UP what they want to sell. So keep buying and avoid the mainstream media. The high stock market at 18146 DJIA is a worry also, strong jobs, good one.

MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Postby MetalsZone » 17 July 2016

Gold Jodie wrote:Is it time to back up the truck and buy gold and silver? Looking real good at the moment.

Either buy silver/gold at various coin stores, or apmex.com or other various places online. When Gold and silver really max out in their value? Paper is not worth the trouble it has caused in the world. I'm going to keep my Gold until the world runs out of it. Demand for Gold is more than what we can produce, time will come in the next panic. So yes buy Gold purely for extra protection.

Freddy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Postby Freddy » 25 August 2016

MetalsZone wrote:

Either buy silver/gold at various coin stores, or apmex.com or other various places online. When Gold and silver really max out in their value? Paper is not worth the trouble it has caused in the world. I'm going to keep my Gold until the world runs out of it. Demand for Gold is more than what we can produce, time will come in the next panic. So yes buy Gold purely for extra protection.

Good points.

There is no such thing as investing in gold. The value of gold never changes, it never goes up or down. What changes is the purchasing power of your currency and how much gold you can exchange them for. This is the point no one understands... the value of currencies in the world are valued in comparison to gold. It is not an investment. It is money and it has been for thousands of years. Religions don't even hold value as long as gold and silver have.

Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Thornside » 05 October 2016

I've been hearing a lot about physical demand on gold and silver being close to or at record highs. I live in Europe and have been tracking premiums on precious metals for about 6 months now and from a basket of different retailers in Europe, I have not seen any significant increase in premiums or an issue with delayed delivery of the physical metals. I have bought on various occasions of both silver and gold and have not had any issues. I just want to stay objective here. I would be interested in other people's real world experience as of late?

Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Thornside » 27 October 2016

If you want silver or gold, buy it from a local store and carry it home. Don't fret about a buck or two! When it takes off, you won't be thinking about a few bucks!! Get it in your hands before it's too late and be happy you did it now!

Return to “Gold Council”