Gold Bullion Prices Online vs Pawn Shop

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Gold Bullion Prices Online vs Pawn Shop

Postby Gold Bird » 15 July 2016

My understanding is when it comes to buying gold bullion coins and bars, many investors turn to the Internet to help fuel their search as well as to shop. Buying bullion of gold or silver online is one of the most popular methods of obtaining solid gold, and in today's day and age, more and more retail investors are turning to buying gold online from the convenience of their own homes. Question? How do people feel about the prices when compared. Online vs Brick and Mortar shops.

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Re: Gold Bullion Prices Online vs Pawn Shop

Postby TonyJ » 16 July 2016

Gold Bird wrote:My understanding is when it comes to buying gold bullion coins and bars, many investors turn to the Internet to help fuel their search as well as to shop. Buying bullion of gold or silver online is one of the most popular methods of obtaining solid gold, and in today's day and age, more and more retail investors are turning to buying gold online from the convenience of their own homes. Question? How do people feel about the prices when compared. Online vs Brick and Mortar shops.

The price of gold in the economy has gone down, which means your item that you are pawning is worth less to the store. Picking buying and selling times as the price rises is better within the Pawn Shop. Also Pawn shops are a better deal than those Buy Gold ads you see on TV. I buy online personally.

Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Gold Jodie » 18 July 2016

TonyJ wrote:
Gold Bird wrote:My understanding is when it comes to buying gold bullion coins and bars, many investors turn to the Internet to help fuel their search as well as to shop. Buying bullion of gold or silver online is one of the most popular methods of obtaining solid gold, and in today's day and age, more and more retail investors are turning to buying gold online from the convenience of their own homes. Question? How do people feel about the prices when compared. Online vs Brick and Mortar shops.

The price of gold in the economy has gone down, which means your item that you are pawning is worth less to the store. Picking buying and selling times as the price rises is better within the Pawn Shop. Also Pawn shops are a better deal than those Buy Gold ads you see on TV. I buy online personally.

Yes true Tony, but disagree. You have to wait until dealers are able to buy more stock at the new lower spot price. They aren't going to sell for a loss. Once the price stays down long enough, they can replenish their inventory at a lower cost basis.

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Postby TonyJ » 30 July 2016

Gold Jodie wrote:
TonyJ wrote:

Yes true Tony, but disagree. You have to wait until dealers are able to buy more stock at the new lower spot price. They aren't going to sell for a loss. Once the price stays down long enough, they can replenish their inventory at a lower cost basis.

@Gold Jodie, My coin shop charges $4.00 Over spot. and they don't usually have more than a few ounces available. if you want more than that you have to pay them up front and they will order it for you. that's why I buy on line now. If they are going to order it for me why cant I just order it for my self and save at least $2.00 per ounce so I never buy at local coin shops anymore.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Bounty » 10 October 2016

Bottom line is why would you want to buy it at a local coin shop or pawn shop, there all rip offs, ON line JM Bullion, best prices in the country.

Return to “Gold Council”