Can't understand why Gold & Silver are going backwards

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
Thornside
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Can't understand why Gold & Silver are going backwards

Postby Thornside » 21 July 2016

Don't get it, Essentially, the fiat US dollar is pure deceit-an instrument of theft that enables those at the centre of power in this country to steal real wealth from its citizens. I can see how owning the physical can be good insurance. But I am total loss how the stock market can keep climbing. More QE on the way also as the Central banks are printing and printing ... how this paper can have any value? Market loves it but the metals suffer.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Re: Can't understand why Gold & Silver are going backwards

Postby APEXbullionOz » 22 July 2016

All it is in my humble opinion is a slight market correction after the sudden and sizeable jump in Spot prices of both the yellow and white metals.
Rest easy, the market will continue its upwards trajectory, it's just a minor "correction"
As my grandfather always told me:

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 22 July 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:All it is in my humble opinion is a slight market correction after the sudden and sizeable jump in Spot prices of both the yellow and white metals.
Rest easy, the market will continue its upwards trajectory, it's just a minor "correction"

Hello Apex, are you a business? just asking, I'm in Canada.

The federal reserve said that they raised interest rates but did you ever really see interest rates go up? They never did. The fed knows that they will totally collapse the market if they truly raise interest rates. It is all a freakin scam in my view. Hard to stay strong, these 'Bull' market corrections are pretty much apologist dribble for stocks and metals taking a dive in the toilet bowl.

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 26 July 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:All it is in my humble opinion is a slight market correction after the sudden and sizeable jump in Spot prices of both the yellow and white metals.

The system of futures contracts will become excepted and mostly has. Just like using paper for money has become excepted, people follow the system presented to them because they make a living from it. The paper metals is what really controls the price.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 27 July 2016

Silver Rocket wrote:

The federal reserve said that they raised interest rates but did you ever really see interest rates go up? They never did. The fed knows that they will totally collapse the market if they truly raise interest rates. It is all a freakin scam in my view. Hard to stay strong, these 'Bull' market corrections are pretty much apologist dribble for stocks and metals taking a dive in the toilet bowl.

I'll address your first question first: indeed I am part of an Australian based bullion trading, consulting & refining services business.
Secondly, the comments I may make with regards to "the market" have a very short term validity and are purely philosophical as I personally am not involved in the precious metals industry for a short term profit (the shortest period I have held any substantial quantity of bullion is 5 years) therefore the day to day movements of the market have limited impact on my long-term goals within the metals markets.
Having said that....
FOMC, or the ECB, BOE, BOJ minutes etc etc only ever cause reactionary market movements that are generally short term in effect. Especially since the US Fed started playing this preposterous game of "next meeting" signalling that they intend on raising interest rates at the next meeting, somehow hoping that by telling the public that the economy is improving significantly enough to justify raising rates will create an atmosphere of positive investor sentiment with enough momentum to stimulate the economy sufficiently to make raising rates a possibility (as opposed to a pipe dream) , effectively what they are trying to do is put the proverbial cart before the horse. Once upon a time, before the GFC & QE, before we knew better than to trust those in these positions of economic importance, the psychological impact of their statements may well have been enough to give investors & "Joe Mainstreet" confidence that what they told us would more than likely come to pass but we all know better than that now.... These are not the comments of an omnipotent economic force, simply the hopes of the feeble man behind the curtain.
When these artificial market drivers cause the spot price to raise or fall, I try not to look at the daily chart and instead look at the long-term proof that metals consistently outperform any other equities, stocks or commodities.

One needs a strong stomach to ignore the background noise & rollercoaster ride that can be the Spot Market but when Ag & Au have proven themselves to me personally time and again, my best advice is hold on, enjoy the ride and try not to sweat the small stuff... Our bullion will be here long after you, me and the paper we currently call money!

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 28 July 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:
Silver Rocket wrote:

I'll address your first question first: indeed I am part of an Australian based bullion trading, consulting & refining services business.
Secondly, the comments I may make with regards to "the market" have a very short term validity and are purely philosophical as I personally am not involved in the precious metals industry for a short term profit (the shortest period I have held any substantial quantity of bullion is 5 years) therefore the day to day movements of the market have limited impact on my long-term goals within the metals markets.
Having said that....
FOMC, or the ECB, BOE, BOJ minutes etc etc only ever cause reactionary market movements that are generally short term in effect. Especially since the US Fed started playing this preposterous game of "next meeting" signalling that they intend on raising interest rates at the next meeting, somehow hoping that by telling the public that the economy is improving significantly enough to justify raising rates will create an atmosphere of positive investor sentiment with enough momentum to stimulate the economy sufficiently to make raising rates a possibility (as opposed to a pipe dream) , effectively what they are trying to do is put the proverbial cart before the horse. Once upon a time, before the GFC & QE, before we knew better than to trust those in these positions of economic importance, the psychological impact of their statements may well have been enough to give investors & "Joe Mainstreet" confidence that what they told us would more than likely come to pass but we all know better than that now.... These are not the comments of an omnipotent economic force, simply the hopes of the feeble man behind the curtain.
When these artificial market drivers cause the spot price to raise or fall, I try not to look at the daily chart and instead look at the long-term proof that metals consistently outperform any other equities, stocks or commodities.

One needs a strong stomach to ignore the background noise & rollercoaster ride that can be the Spot Market but when Ag & Au have proven themselves to me personally time and again, my best advice is hold on, enjoy the ride and try not to sweat the small stuff... Our bullion will be here long after you, me and the paper we currently call money!

Good gains last night for the metals, Fed scam keeping it rates steady again. The Fed and the United States government work completely differently, they are compeletely different entities. Therefore, they have different ways in order to stabilize an economy. The Federal Reserve was the death of American Capitalism.... it in slaved people with Credit and Debt. The biggest problem with the Fed is that it's a private bank that can hold our nation in debt for what they print. It's the biggest mass theft the world has ever seen and most people don't even seem to realize it.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 28 July 2016

I'm very well versed in the intricacies of "Reserve Banks" & their integral roll in creating the utter economic bedlam in which the world now finds itself so while it is indeed fact that the US Fed is a private entity separate entirely from the government, I do not place all of the blame for our current economic situation at their feet. Yes, Quantitative Easing, direct & indirect market manipulation, stimulus packages, bond (AKA Government debt) buying, negative interest rates ..... in fact virtually everything the Fed has done over the last 15 odd years has done nothing to help the situation (as you know, their actions have done nothing but compound the issues) but......
The mechanism that created the need for a Central Bank in the first place is Fiat Currencies for had the US Government not abandoned the Gold Standard (Hard Money with a finite supply) in favor of USD$, a purely faith based, infinitely available currency (faith that the Nation has the ability to make good on all the "IOU's" they issue in the form of Dollars and bonds, a faith that is quickly evaporating) that enables them to continue with and even grow their already huge bureaucracies, welfare budgets, "Defence" spending and whatever else they think will get them reelected. The only problem is that for Fiat to be as infinite as governments would like, they need the mechanism of an "independent" Reserve Bank to interject into markets in order to perform the necessary "miracle" of infinite growth that is required in order to sustain the illusion of their paper being worth anything more than that....paper.

At the end of the day, what does the dollar (USD) value really matter anyway when silver and gold have sustained the same purchasing power since Roman times 8-)

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 28 July 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:I'm very well versed in the intricacies of "Reserve Banks" & their integral roll in creating the utter economic bedlam in which the world now finds itself so while it is indeed fact that the US Fed is a private entity separate entirely from the government, I do not place all of the blame for our current economic situation at their feet. Yes, Quantitative Easing, direct & indirect market manipulation, stimulus packages, bond (AKA Government debt) buying, negative interest rates ..... in fact virtually everything the Fed has done over the last 15 odd years has done nothing to help the situation (as you know, their actions have done nothing but compound the issues) but......
The mechanism that created the need for a Central Bank in the first place is Fiat Currencies for had the US Government not abandoned the Gold Standard (Hard Money with a finite supply) in favor of USD$, a purely faith based, infinitely available currency (faith that the Nation has the ability to make good on all the "IOU's" they issue in the form of Dollars and bonds, a faith that is quickly evaporating) that enables them to continue with and even grow their already huge bureaucracies, welfare budgets, "Defence" spending and whatever else they think will get them reelected. The only problem is that for Fiat to be as infinite as governments would like, they need the mechanism of an "independent" Reserve Bank to interject into markets in order to perform the necessary "miracle" of infinite growth that is required in order to sustain the illusion of their paper being worth anything more than that....paper.

At the end of the day, what does the dollar (USD) value really matter anyway when silver and gold have sustained the same purchasing power since Roman times 8-)

You have it right, good post. The issue here is fake debt and the illusion is seen as what real money/credit has become. The system is moving towards user pays (negative rates) which is another hidden taxation device to screw you. Where can you put your money? No savings account, stock market can have flash crashes and your bank account is watched by big brother. The killer is the inflation lie, 2% rubbish target talk. Look at food, same price, maybe but ingredients have less content inside, you must buy more for less, so hidden inflation masking it's truth. Just starting your day costs. Power, water, petrol, phone bills, Internet, the list goes on, have we all gone mad?

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 02 August 2016

I'm the first person to stand up and say that what is being done to the economy, allegedly on our behalves or at least with our best interests at heart is in fact the very thing that is screwing us and again, how more people can't see these glaring facts is beyond me!

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 07 August 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:I'm the first person to stand up and say that what is being done to the economy, allegedly on our behalves or at least with our best interests at heart is in fact the very thing that is screwing us and again, how more people can't see these glaring facts is beyond me!

For the greater good, not my good. APEX why do people keep the system alive then? Is it because the Social welfare complex keeps the sheep asleep?

Return to “Gold Council”