Gold Bull Market Confirmations

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
GoldInvestments
Rank 4
Rank 4
Australia

Gold Bull Market Confirmations

Postby GoldInvestments » 15 August 2016

There are 3 main stream ideas which confirm a renewed intermediate and longer term bullish market in gold and silver. We have basically met all 3. But I have a 4th to share which is also confirmed. Actually 5.

Firstly, and most watched idea DNS metric for a bullish indicator for gold is a confirmation of the major miners have broken out to a specific level. That level has a consensus of around 3:1 higher gains in the gold and silver mining majors. This has been confirmed and now stands at around 5:1 greater gains in the major miners versus gold.

Gold and Energy Investments.jpg

Secondly, is a confirmation that silver has outstripped the gain in gold in a particular protracted move. This occurred a few weeks ago and had been flat since. Also as part of this metric there is a gold:silver ratio which some pick as 72:1 ounces of silver to 1 ounce of gold. Tick on that one too.

Third and final in this larger following of confirmations is the participation of large investors. This is confirmed in the amount of large speculators in the COT report together with building open interest. As part of this idea is also some like to see particular commentary to suggest that one needs to have precious metals in their portfolio. This has been confirmed by one of the most widely followed people in the investment world. Bill Gross formerly at PIMCO and the world's largest bond fund got out of that game and plonked serious money in gold and silver. The biggest plonk went into stocks as dividends where earning more income than bonds.

My added confirmation and 4th on this list is a confirmation of currency moves of greater than 7-8% in opposing currency pairs. My chosen currency pair is AUD/USD only due to my understanding of the pair and the higher beta trading nature of these 2. We are 13% into this move and anticipate a completion of around 25%. Or at least to consider exiting the relationship and reversing it at such highs. Gold's price action occurs in a lag usually, and I hope this is where we are at while gold has been flat since late June. Ready for the next drive is my conviction.

I am going to add a 5th condition which I feel confirms a bullish longer term market in gold also. This observation is more anecdotal but is worth the mention. This is the way the commercials act. They are human, and when a particular profit point is reached, they end up reaching for the exit button to sure up the profitable move. Currently there is evidence to suggest they are booking in profits which would send the price tumbling usually and compounding the commercial investor's profits.

But, there are other humans that have other ideas and scoop up every small dip in the price of gold and silver. There has been several attempts to take down gold in recent weeks, but large speculators scoop up these slips. China heads up the large speculator list. Bill Gross types and Eurozone appear to be the other major players in that space.

Many could salivate and go all in on such prospects for gold and silver right now. But such moves could still make widows if not entered gingerly, and with cash on hand to meet fluctuating possibilities. Many don't advocate more than 20% of one total wealth to precious metals. So think rationally in any pike and twist dive into the shiny stuff. It's still better to dive here versus the stories of schmucks putting the ranch on gold at $1900 gold and $50 silver 5 years ago.

by Steve Andelkovic
Funds Manager
Gold and Energy Investments
Latest Publications:

Silver King
Rank 2
Rank 2
Argentina

Re: Gold Bull Market Confirmations

Postby Silver King » 16 August 2016

GoldInvestments wrote:There are 3 main stream ideas which confirm a renewed intermediate and longer term bullish market in gold and silver. We have basically met all 3. But I have a 4th to share which is also confirmed. Actually 5.

Firstly, and most watched idea DNS metric for a bullish indicator for gold is a confirmation of the major miners have broken out to a specific level. That level has a consensus of around 3:1 higher gains in the gold and silver mining majors. This has been confirmed and now stands at around 5:1 greater gains in the major miners versus gold.

Secondly, is a confirmation that silver has outstripped the gain in gold in a particular protracted move. This occurred a few weeks ago and had been flat since. Also as part of this metric there is a gold:silver ratio which some pick as 72:1 ounces of silver to 1 ounce of gold. Tick on that one too.

Third and final in this larger following of confirmations is the participation of large investors. This is confirmed in the amount of large speculators in the COT report together with building open interest. As part of this idea is also some like to see particular commentary to suggest that one needs to have precious metals in their portfolio. This has been confirmed by one of the most widely followed people in the investment world. Bill Gross formerly at PIMCO and the world's largest bond fund got out of that game and plonked serious money in gold and silver. The biggest plonk went into stocks as dividends where earning more income than bonds.

My added confirmation and 4th on this list is a confirmation of currency moves of greater than 7-8% in opposing currency pairs. My chosen currency pair is AUD/USD only due to my understanding of the pair and the higher beta trading nature of these 2. We are 13% into this move and anticipate a completion of around 25%. Or at least to consider exiting the relationship and reversing it at such highs. Gold's price action occurs in a lag usually, and I hope this is where we are at while gold has been flat since late June. Ready for the next drive is my conviction.

I am going to add a 5th condition which I feel confirms a bullish longer term market in gold also. This observation is more anecdotal but is worth the mention. This is the way the commercials act. They are human, and when a particular profit point is reached, they end up reaching for the exit button to sure up the profitable move. Currently there is evidence to suggest they are booking in profits which would send the price tumbling usually and compounding the commercial investor's profits.

But, there are other humans that have other ideas and scoop up every small dip in the price of gold and silver. There has been several attempts to take down gold in recent weeks, but large speculators scoop up these slips. China heads up the large speculator list. Bill Gross types and Eurozone appear to be the other major players in that space.

Many could salivate and go all in on such prospects for gold and silver right now. But such moves could still make widows if not entered gingerly, and with cash on hand to meet fluctuating possibilities. Many don't advocate more than 20% of one total wealth to precious metals. So think rationally in any pike and twist dive into the shiny stuff. It's still better to dive here versus the stories of schmucks putting the ranch on gold at $1900 gold and $50 silver 5 years ago.

by Steve Andelkovic
Funds Manager

I'm up 40% this year on the stock markets. I've been focusing on quality European stocks which are commodities-related. I think PMs will be pretty low & flat for the next couple of years. But unlike paper money gold is always valuable. Yes the price will change but will never hit zimbabwe type value unlike paper currency. When currency collapses (which will happen as the USA can't pay its debts and will bottom out when other countries lose faith in it) you will see hyper inflation, This is were money fails. The USA debt is huge with trillions $ now on its books and is close to 100% GDP, definately over 75% which is a huge number. Hope the "Gold Bull Market Confirmations" is here.

GoldInvestments
Rank 4
Rank 4
Australia

Postby GoldInvestments » 16 August 2016

Silver King wrote:
GoldInvestments wrote:There are 3 main stream ideas which confirm a renewed intermediate and longer term bullish market in gold and silver. We have basically met all 3. But I have a 4th to share which is also confirmed. Actually 5.

by Steve Andelkovic
Funds Manager

I'm up 40% this year on the stock markets. I've been focusing on quality European stocks which are commodities-related. I think PMs will be pretty low & flat for the next couple of years. But unlike paper money gold is always valuable. Yes the price will change but will never hit zimbabwe type value unlike paper currency. When currency collapses (which will happen as the USA can't pay its debts and will bottom out when other countries lose faith in it) you will see hyper inflation, This is were money fails. The USA debt is huge with trillions $ now on its books and is close to 100% GDP, definately over 75% which is a huge number. Hope the "Gold Bull Market Confirmations" is here.

The U.S. is going to be the best dirty shirt in the 20 year old's laundry basket. U.S. debt is now more than the GDP. They will keep changing the consensus goal posts - another new normal.

Some which have called for a $US collapse are now dead. Since 1973 there has been an acceleration for $US collapse. Against what will the $US collapse? Not Euro, that's for sure. Not Yen, even less a chance. Chinese Yuan even more of an outside bet. Gold? Possible, but the elephant is too big and the gold relationship will need to be something the history of the world hasn't experienced yet.
Latest Publications:

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 17 August 2016

Not gonna happen. News comes out, gold spikes up a bit, the news gets old, gold falls again. If you want a big gold spike, you're going to have plenty of time to buy in before the big one comes. All you gotta do is wait for markets to tank again like in 2008, and gold will fall at first, just as it did in 2008, then it will start to skyrocket after that.

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 23 August 2016

Tom Silver wrote:Not gonna happen. News comes out, gold spikes up a bit, the news gets old, gold falls again. If you want a big gold spike, you're going to have plenty of time to buy in before the big one comes. All you gotta do is wait for markets to tank again like in 2008, and gold will fall at first, just as it did in 2008, then it will start to skyrocket after that.

With Millions of People sleeping on The Streets of America and Canada, and The Rigging of Economic Statistics by The Presidents & Co, it's got to be That the Dollar, is The Ultimate Ponzi Scheme, that's on the verge of complete collapse.

Return to “Gold Council”