What Silver I'm buying in 2017 and why?

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

What Silver I'm buying in 2017 and why?

Postby Bounty » 12 February 2017

think your 1975-present chart is quite telling. As you see, the correlation between gold and silver prices is there but the 62% shows, I think, that another large factor affects the silver price and I think that is industrial use. As roughly half of all silver use in recent years is for industry, silver price will be affected by the strength or weakness of the economy, historically. The silver market is also much, much smaller than the gold market, making it more volatile. With that in mind, my goal is to get to about 2/3 gold and 1/3 silver in my PM portfolio by the time I retire. This is in line with David Morgan's opinion that the gold percentage of your PM portfolio should roughly be the same as your age.

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Re: What Silver I'm buying in 2017 and why?

Postby Allenby » 26 February 2017

Bounty wrote:think your 1975-present chart is quite telling. As you see, the correlation between gold and silver prices is there but the 62% shows, I think, that another large factor affects the silver price and I think that is industrial use. As roughly half of all silver use in recent years is for industry, silver price will be affected by the strength or weakness of the economy, historically. The silver market is also much, much smaller than the gold market, making it more volatile. With that in mind, my goal is to get to about 2/3 gold and 1/3 silver in my PM portfolio by the time I retire. This is in line with David Morgan's opinion that the gold percentage of your PM portfolio should roughly be the same as your age.

Bounty :)

How we really know if he is telling us what the bankers want us to hear? Easy, Buying gold and silver when it is at a all time high is what the bankers want you to do. So that when it all crashes down they can force you to sell it at a all time low and you get make them richer and yourself a slave! Wake up! and remember this A man that has nothing has nothing to lose!

Return to “Silver Council”