How do you pick your next Bar?

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Great Britain

Re: How do you pick your next Bar?

Postby CliffB » 15 September 2016

Thanks Golden Bull, but i think the good looking bars are for me, but i have been known to buy if something different catches my eye mate

Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Postby Gold Bird » 15 September 2016

CliffB wrote:Thanks Golden Bull, but i think the good looking bars are for me, but i have been known to buy if something different catches my eye mate

Golden Bull is probably talking about investment grade bars, I buy both.

CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Great Britain

Postby CliffB » 15 September 2016

Hi Gold Bird, yes I have my eye on the Scottsdale 10oz bars, which should be my next purchase

Golden Bull
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Postby Golden Bull » 10 February 2017

I really like the bars. 1 kilo size and 10 oz size. If their poured i like all sizes. 100 oz size bars are out of my budget though i would like to have 1. I also like bullion pirate rounds the designs are cool.

CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Great Britain

Postby CliffB » 10 February 2017

Golden Bull wrote:I really like the bars. 1 kilo size and 10 oz size. If their poured i like all sizes. 100 oz size bars are out of my budget though i would like to have 1. I also like bullion pirate rounds the designs are cool.

Hi Golden Bull, they are some serious size bars you are quoting there mate, i myself would like to own the 10oz bars as well, i will in time :D

FrozenIce
Rank 2
Rank 2
United States of America

Postby FrozenIce » 24 April 2017

CliffB wrote:Hi all,
As a novice to buying Silver bars, how do you pick your next purchase or is it a case of you stick to one type of mint, or is it a case of price, or is it the look of the bar you want that draws you to buy?
I am keen to find out if you are one of the above or is it something else that draws you to buy, i know what is next for me, hoping for a good debate :?:

I'm just getting into Silver and its mostly for fun to me. I talked my dad out of a Morgan and Peace Silver dollar and I've found myself gazing and admiring them for days. So now i been buying rounds every now and then for fun. I really like the Buffalo rounds i been picking up which have almost a mirror finish on them. If i were to take this as a serious investment i would buy bars no doubt. Buying ounce by ounce you get to far into the hole paying the premium on each purchase. But when its for fun and buying rounds every now and then you dont really care about that

CliffB
Rank 7
Rank 7
Great Britain

Postby CliffB » 25 April 2017

Hi Frozenice, that's a good way of looking at things, I usually buy when I find something nice, whether it's a gemstone, coin and now bars, good advice mate ☺️

Return to “Silver Council”