Investing in Silver, What's the best way?

Bullion, Mining Stocks, News, Information & General Chat
MetalsZone
Rank 5
Rank 5
New Zealand

Investing in Silver, What's the best way?

Postby MetalsZone » 19 June 2016

Hello first post. I'm thinking about investing in physical silver and i was wondering whats the best way to start my collection? Should i invest in silver bars, american silver eagles, rounds/coins and does it matter what name brand I should invest in? Also does it matter if the silver bullion is new or used with marks/scratches on the products? :)

Gold Silver
Administration
Administration
Australia

Re: Investing in Silver, What's the best way?

Postby Gold Silver » 19 June 2016

Welcome to Gold Silver Council. Personal choice is very hard but research is key and thanks for asking your question here. I'll just show you a quick video in one option, coins vs bars with David Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqD7ZkLkFY

Golden Bull
Rank 5
Rank 5
Great Britain

Postby Golden Bull » 20 June 2016

My Example, If you are investing $1,000 you might consider adding another $500 to that amount and avoid the taxes, could be different rules in your area also so you better check. So If you purchase $1,500 you don't have to pay the sales tax. I also recommend owning physical silver vs paper silver (ETFs). Paper Silver still feels like paper money to me and not very rewarding. Physical silver feels like an asset trusted for more then 6000+ years.

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 20 June 2016

I think Silver bars or coins has lower risk factors when compared to many other commodities as well as stocks, and shares. One of the best ways of making better investments is to buy silver in its physical form, and agree to avoid the ETFs. Many people are aware that silver is one of the most in demand precious metals in the world at this stage and has many uses not just monetary. Silver is a very common precious metal that is used to make jewelry, utensils, mirrors, vehicles, industrial metals, and so on. Investing in silver for the long term can potentially be one of the wisest investing moves you make for wealth protection and a wonderful safe haven.

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Postby Bounty » 21 June 2016

Hi all just joined cool forum

Affordability is the main aim for me. The metal is much less expensive per ounce than gold as the ratio is important to me on ounces to be purchased, so an investor can purchase more "units" to increase their exposure to precious metals without breaking the piggy bank. Silver is a precious metals so good enough for me then.

Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Postby Gold Bird » 30 June 2016

I think Silver is an interesting Precious Metals with many uses like industrial, lots of market manipulation going on but from what I've heard, 1-5 traders owning 47% of the entire silver short contracts, not that I know what the hell that means but rigged lol. Anyway I can see silver going up to $50/oz ($18.27/oz current) in the near future, even $200.. in the long term as its being used more.. people who say it can reach $1000/oz are crazy! but possible. It's undervalued and the Gold/Silver Ratio must be in play in the future.

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 07 July 2016

Just spend the little higher premium and stick with silver eagles and Engelhard or Johnson-Mathey bars and rounds and you will be sitting very nice well into the future as Silver rises..

TonyJ
Rank 5
Rank 5
Spain

Postby TonyJ » 20 July 2016

The 'best way' is just buy it. Silver is not an investment it is a hedge. It should be thought of in terms of long term assets. I hold 75% physical, and 25% percent paper, the only reason I hold any paper is so I can play the price dips and make more silver. But, I will never sell my physical.

Bullion Bud
Rank 3
Rank 3
United States of America

Postby Bullion Bud » 19 October 2016

I have put a decent portion of my life savings into P.M's for protection as storage of wealth and withdrawn a similar amount out of the bank in currency for when the banking crash arrives. If they introduce a cashless society (that is when we are really stuffed), it cannot be overnight so I plan to have the time to convert that cash mostly into more P.M's and some other useful hard assets.

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby Allenby » 10 November 2016

Silver stackers need to be aware there are fake silver coins and bars out there. Don't buy from E-Bay… Only buy from certified coin and bullion dealers. JM Bullion seems to be safe and their prices are very competitive...

Return to “Silver Council”