Members Can Buy, Sell & Swap Bullion & Numismatics
APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Engelhard Australia makes a comeback

Postby APEXbullionOz » 27 July 2016

NEWS FROM DOWNUNDER

Engelhard, possibly the most well known and respected names in Gold, Silver & PGM bullion, Precious Metals technology (including the invention of the Catalytic Converter) until the early 1990's when the company was split into its various divisions, the bulk of which being purchased (at the time) by chemical company BASF and they ceased production of all "Commercial" bullion products with the exception of 100ozt and focused their business on LBMA/COMEX "Good Delivery" sized bars and industrial use Precious Metals. The low production numbers of Engelhard's famous smaller "Commercial" Ag & Au bullion bars and rounds coupled with their likelihood to have been melted down during the various bull markets due to their high liquidity drawn from being such a well respected producer/refiner has seen prices for the remaining Engelhard bars and rounds grow exponentially with time (especially since the 2010-2012 bull Run).

Well, thanks to an Australian initiative (by whom exactly we are still not entirely clear), the famous Engelhard name has been revived with the production of the following Ag ingot sizes:
    New Engelhard Australia Cast Ingot Sizes
    2oz 999+ Ag
    5oz 999+ Ag
    10oz 999+ Ag
    1kg 999+ Ag

The same group is also producing 1oz, 50g & 100g .9999 Fine Gold minted rounds.
All products feature the distinctive Engelhard logo, or to be more specific, the Engelhard Australia logo and name.

So for all you stackers out there who want the Engelhard quality and name without the price tag associated with their vintage products, now's your chance.
DSC_0028-1.jpg
5oz Engelhard Australia Cast Ingot

DSC_0029-1.jpg
Rear of 5oz Engelhard Australia Cast Ingot

I'm currently selling a limited number of the 2oz, 5oz & 10oz Ag Cast Ingots through my Australian based business and am happy to help out if anyone is interested (postage overseas at the buyers expense).
As my grandfather always told me:

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

Bounty
Rank 6
Rank 6
United States of America

Re: Engelhard Australia makes a comeback

Postby Bounty » 01 August 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:NEWS FROM DOWNUNDER

Engelhard, possibly the most well known and respected names in Gold, Silver & PGM bullion, Precious Metals technology (including the invention of the Catalytic Converter) until the early 1990's when the company was split into its various divisions, the bulk of which being purchased (at the time) by chemical company BASF and they ceased production of all "Commercial" bullion products with the exception of 100ozt and focused their business on LBMA/COMEX "Good Delivery" sized bars and industrial use Precious Metals. The low production numbers of Engelhard's famous smaller "Commercial" Ag & Au bullion bars and rounds coupled with their likelihood to have been melted down during the various bull markets due to their high liquidity drawn from being such a well respected producer/refiner has seen prices for the remaining Engelhard bars and rounds grow exponentially with time (especially since the 2010-2012 bull Run).

Well, thanks to an Australian initiative (by whom exactly we are still not entirely clear), the famous Engelhard name has been revived with the production of the following Ag ingot sizes:
    2oz 999+ Ag
    5oz 999+ Ag
    10oz 999+ Ag
    1kg 999+ Ag

All products feature the distinctive Engelhard logo, or to be more specific, the Engelhard Australia logo and name.

So for all you stackers out there who want the Engelhard quality and name without the price tag associated with their vintage products, now's your chance.
DSC_0028-1.jpg
DSC_0029-1.jpg
I'm currently selling a limited number of the 2oz, 5oz & 10oz Ag Cast Ingots through my Australian based business and am happy to help out if anyone is interested (postage overseas at the buyers expense).

I've been looking at those englehard bars. They are growing on me.

I just found these on apmex. Love the look of these things, going for a bit of a premium but in the long run it may be worth it!! I feel the 10 oz is better to hold. but if the price of silver goes up more the 5 oz is much easier to sell.

APEXbullionOz
Rank 3
Rank 3
Australia

Postby APEXbullionOz » 02 August 2016

The one thing that turned me off the 10oz & 1kg was that they've used the same sized logo stamp and serial/fineness stamps on all of the different sized bars, from 2oz through to the 1kg. It just seems like a wasted opportunity at providing a true premium product.
I think the stamp is perfectly suited to the 5oz size, consequently I've ended up holding onto more of them than any other.
Have you seen their minted gold rounds yet?
smlM9QE4Z12.jpg
Engelhard Australia Minted Fine Gold Round
smlM9QE4Z12.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 698 times
As my grandfather always told me:

...."Son, there's never a bad time to be in the physical Precious Metals Market....NEVER!"...

Gold Bird
Rank 5
Rank 5
Australia

Postby Gold Bird » 08 August 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:NEWS FROM DOWNUNDER

2oz 999+ Ag
    5oz 999+ Ag
    10oz 999+ Ag
    1kg 999+ Ag

DSC_0028-1.jpg
DSC_0029-1.jpg

Prices?

Allenby
Rank 4
Rank 4
United States of America

Postby Allenby » 18 August 2016

APEXbullionOz wrote:The one thing that turned me off the 10oz & 1kg was that they've used the same sized logo stamp and serial/fineness stamps on all of the different sized bars, from 2oz through to the 1kg. It just seems like a wasted opportunity at providing a true premium product.
I think the stamp is perfectly suited to the 5oz size, consequently I've ended up holding onto more of them than any other.
Have you seen their minted gold rounds yet?
smlM9QE4Z12.jpg

These bars, as well as some others, demand a premium over spot. I was told that folks should buy rounds & bars as they're sold closer to spot & thereby better. So if these bars command a higher premium than other bars then what is the benefit of buying these over buying a Silver Eagle?

I'm trying to decide what to do when purchasing silver these days.

Max Metals
Rank 2
Rank 2
Mexico

Postby Max Metals » 19 September 2016

For 10 ounce bars, I prefer First Majestic, Sunshine or Johnson Matthey. NTR also are also elegant bars with low premium as well. 

Tom Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5
United States of America

Postby Tom Silver » 12 October 2016

I got some Engelhard 1 ounce bars at spot price years ago! Those bars are now worth way over silver eagle spot price.

Gold Jodie
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Gold Jodie » 04 December 2016

Very nice, any luck selling them? Sucks silver is getting smashed but.

Silver Rocket
Rank 5
Rank 5
Canada

Postby Silver Rocket » 28 February 2017

I have an OPM 1kilo silver bar (Trapezoid shape) with a matt/frosted finish...do you know if these are a semi-collector bar? I had read once, and i can't find the article now, but it stated they they aren't making this shape anymore. Thoughts? I was thinking about selling it for some 1oz silver, but will not if there's a chance it could be a 'odd' with a premium in the near future.

Return to “Buy, Sell & Swap”